Human Anatomy For The Artist
Welcome to artistanatomy.com:
A collection of drawings dedicated to the spirit of the human form. The anatomical studies included here are intended to be used as an inspirational tool for the aspiring art student and artist alike. This site includes but is not limited to the following; human anatomy studies, studies in idealized human proportion and a selection of life drawings all of which were created by Michael M. Hensley.
"Driven by a desire to create art that is both timeless and universal, the human figure has been and will continue to be an endless source of inspiration for me. As a student of nature I have spent many years studying human anatomy, idealized human proportion, and the underlying universal artistic truths necessary for mastering the human form.
Aspiring to create expressive figures that are masterfully rendered has led me through a disciplined study of these varying complexities and intricacies. There have been many aspects of art and the human form that I have struggled with since my days as a young art student. This compilation of drawings is a selection of the many studies and observations that I have made in an attempt to overcome those obstacles.
It is my belief that art should be visual and therefore it is my intent not to bore the viewer with tedious semantics. I hope that the studies which I have included here will help to inspire a kindred spirit who shares the same love that I have for the human form".
Additional work may be viewed at www.michaelhensley.art
Art work may be purchased at www.michaelhensley.art
- Anatomical Study, Seated Male 1
- Anatomical Study, Torso 10
- Anatomical Study, Head Study 1
- Anatomical Study, Hand Study 3
- Anatomical Study, Upper Extremity 4
- Anatomical Study, Lower Extremity 1
- Idealized Proportion (Human Head) Var I, Plate 8
- Idealized Proportion (Puma Concolor) Plate 8
- Idealized Proportion (Canis Lupus) Plate 8
- Idealized Proportion (Ursidae) Plate 8
- Idealized Proportion (Panthera Leo) Plate 8
"Anatomical Drawings" by Michael M Hensley